Orange Fab Asia in Seoul held its season 8 demo-day on 12th of September 2018 at Seoul Startup Hub, the biggest start-up incubation facility of Seoul city, with French Tech Seoul and G-CCEI Gyeonggi – Center for Creative Economy and Innovation).
A total of 17 start-ups from 4 countries (Korea, Japan, Taiwan and France) pitched and showcased their products in front of more than 100 participants.
6 start-ups from Orange Fab Asia in Seoul
- Aromeo : in-room aromatherapy experience for home and hospitality guests through tailored essential oil selection and seamless app-controlled diffusion.
- Bisecu : world’s first fully automatic smart bike lock which becomes part of the bike.
- Braillist : Ideal device to help blind people use the smartphone much better to improve work productivity, independence and quality of life.
- Cochlear : AI system that understands the semantics of audio, and provides it through cloud based API.
- http://www.mangoslab.comMangosLab : innovative mini printer, print small memos or images from smart devices or PCs onto sticky notes.
- SkyLabs : Finger ring type cardio tracker, CART continuously detects atrial fibrillation without any user intervention and discomfort.
3 start-ups from Orange Fab Asia in Tokyo
- Empath : Emotion AI, which can identify emotion from the voice in real-time regardless of language.
- Monit : Detects urine and feces separately with multiple sensors and pattern learning algorithm. Helps healthy growth of baby and relieves the burden of parenting.
- Listen Field : Provides a predictive analytics platform for improving rice productivity.
3 start-ups from Orange Fab Asia in Taipei
- DT42 : Local AI network. Machines in the network can learn from other machine or from videos and images that creates onsite.
- UmboCV : Artificial intelligence company building autonomous video security systems for businesses and organizations.
- Whatsquare : Creates multilingual chat bots with unique AI personalization engine enabling “conversational commerce” for retail business across messaging platforms.
3 start-ups from nationwide CCEI
- Filaroid : Photo shooting application brings you the sense of film camera which delivers you printed photos when the films done.
- CnRTech : Code Play Block, Physical coding blocks which children can code by assembling them to grow their logical thinking.
- Masterbd : True random number generation using a non-quantal dynamic method for secure transaction.
2 guest startups
- Wishpoke(Korea) : Social app where users can exchange gift ideas and help their loved ones find fitting gifts with an easy listing and buying process.
- Aligo(France) : data pre-processing expertise helping its customers to improve substantially the effectiveness of targeting of new products.
At the end of the pitches from start-ups of season 8, the kick-off for season 9 was announced with 1 minute pitch from each new team.
5 Startups selected for Orange Fab Asia in Seoul Season 9
- The Coder : Data imprinted in paper/image/poster accessible simply by scanning by camera.
- Is-it-fresh : in-package electronics, bringing a “lab on a chip” solution for each individual item: track the products with a unique ID and measure their actual freshness in real time.
- O2O : TV controllable Powerful AI Speaker (Voice Remote Control).
- Nepes : hardware type artificial intelligence semiconductor based on human neural network. Neuromorphic
- FTC : Mobile phone screen protector enabling touch by any materials than fingers and while wearing gloves.